Friday, December 11, 2009

Harissa Paste

I love Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and his RiverCottage.
Whenever I can, I watch the program on Channel Four. As myself and Graham, my fiancé, live in a two bedroom apartment just out of Dublin City we unfortunately cannot grow or produce our own local food. We can however act out our, sometimes mad, culinary dreams in our tiny little kitchen. And this is what happened last night.

A few weeks back, we watched an episode of River Cottage. I think it was a Thanksgiving/Autumn special. Hugh was making hot and heart warming all sorts of food, with emphasis on HOT. So yesterday evening after work, we went home and started making Harissa Paste. This is a North African Chilli paste that literally blows you away. It's yummy yummy but should be consumed with moderation. ;-) We had previously purchased little jars in IKEA for this in mind. I must say they look absolutely fab filled with this red, spicy paste and makes lovely gifts. Oh, do I have to say that I was met by the strongest smell of chilli and spices this morning when opening the kitchen door?

No comments:

Post a Comment