Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We all smell

Today going home after work, we as always got on the bus at Pearse Street. The bus is pretty packed because it's rush hour. We're all rushing to get home and most of us will once at home run around the kitchen for a little bit and get a rushed dinner together. We'll eat in silence watchin Gerry Ryan's "Operation Transformation" and think to ourselves that I should really get a grip and start eating healthy and exercise more. Today on the bus, just as we get upstairs to sit down, I notice there is a very unpleasent smell to put it mildly. A little embarrassed I try and look around to find out where this stinking is coming from. There he is. In one of the back seats, surrounded by empty seats in the otherwise packed bus, sits an older man with a hair and beard that can almost be described as Santa like. Except that it's dark grey of dirt. Judging from his apperance he has been sleeping rough for quite a while. I have to admit that we had to get off to change buses as I started feeling nautious from the smell. It's now nearly 11pm and here I am in my warm bed, not being able to sleep, thinking of that man who might just had been on that bus to get some heat before heading out in the cold and wet night. I smell of shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment