Monday, May 11, 2009

I miss my Whiskey

Good morning all,

I know I said before this blog was going to be in Swedish solely. As always I have severe difficulties in making up my mind and after a few requests from friends I have thus decided to alter between Swedish and English. Scatterbrained as I also am, I’ll hopefully be able to use one language at the time. To keep everyone happy, I’ll simply tag the blog posts with either “Svenska” or “English”.

Writing in English like this is however without doubt quite scary. Don’t get me wrong, I do consider myself being fluent in English and I generally don’t have any problems in my daily life expressing myself. If anything, I do talk too much! (ask Graham ;-))

Although when it comes to public writing, usually at work, I get very self-conscious. Nevertheless I have decided to give this a go. Please be patience with grammar and spelling mishaps...

It’s Monday morning and all my Spring 2009 students have now left Champlain Dublin. The sun is shining and I’m feeling very very relaxed. It’s soon lunchtime and I’m getting childishly excited to be able to pop out to the nearest bicycle shop to see if I can get a helmet. Yes, I have bought a bike!!!

The plan is to sometimes take the bike to work. Just thinking about me cycling in traffic here is actually scaring the shite out of me, but I’m trying to suppress those thoughts for now. The plan is of course to save a little bit of money by skipping the bus fare, but most importantly to get healthier. Not very happy with myself at the moment; my fitness level is literally below zero. As myself and Graham are living just next to Phoenix Park, I’m also hoping to go for a spin there from time to time. I’m not a fan of running or jogging or anything alike so cycling, walking and swimming will be my way of getting in shape for the summer!

I’m really missing my little dog Whiskey today so went through all my photos of him and found this adorable video from last Christmas.
Back to work....

Take care,
Elisabeth “Lilly”


No comments:

Post a Comment