Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Look at me, not keeping this blog up to date at all! I guess when you are happy and content with life, time just flies by. Mike, my Irish dad in Tip, called me early this morning. He started the call by saying; “I had a missed call from you”, to which I of course replied; “No, I didn’t call you”. Yep, you get the point, he did succeed with his plan to make me feel really really guilty for not being in touch for such a long time. Ok, mental note to sit down this evening and plan a weekend for a Tipperary visit! I better add it to my calendar as well, as my mental notes for some strange reason seem to erase themselves at times.

I’m just back from a long weekend in London with my darling friend Ellen. She gave me the flight ticket as a present for my 29th birthday back in March. We had a fantastic time and my feet are still sore after all the running around we did. I’ve been in London before, once with my class during Uni and then a handful of times while working for EF. However most of the latter ones only consisted of passing through airports to get to Brighton or Oxford for meetings, hence my mega excitement for going there for almost four full days.
With just enough planning to keep the German in Ellen at ease, we managed to get together a schedule that allowed for some chilling but also to get around to the sights and places we had talked about. They say a picture can tell more than a 1000 words so my thought was to post some of my typical tourist shots here for you, but typically I forgot my camera at home when leaving for work this morning.

As I mentioned before I cannot trust my mental notes!!! Scary when you come to think of it, I’m only 29 and struggling with remembering things. Any tips?? One old supposedly good trick is to tie a string around your finger as a reminder that you have something important to remember. I can’t nonetheless see how that would be any good to me as I quite often, if not even all the time, have just that feeling that there is something I should have remembered but can’t for the love of God figure out what. I must say it is one of the most annoying feelings in the world! Anyhow, tomorrow I will have photos here as a note now is entered in my phone. ;-)

It is now only 30 days to go before mine and Graham’s holiday to Sweden. Mum and dad are going to Budapest for a week and we have promised to dogsit Whiskey. Nothing is set yet but we’ve been talking about going camping for a few days and then a visit to Stockholm. It’s Graham’s first time so there will be plenty of meet and greet with family and friends too. He is particularly looking forward to taking part of the famous frog dancing on Midsummer’s eve!

Take care.
Elisabeth “Lilly”

1 comment:

  1. You better say hello to Tipp from me and take som pics :-)

    ReplyDelete